Current Fee Schedule – Click here
This division provides services in two major areas.
Services provided under The Maryland Department of the Environment:
- On-site soil percolation testing; well and septic system, permits and inspections
- Open air burning to assist in monitoring air quality
- Inspections and sampling of water supplies
Services provided under The Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene:
- Inspections and licensing for campgrounds, public swimming pools, outdoor music festivals and exotic bird purveyors.
- Inspections and licensing of all food establishments including: restaurants, grocery stores, mobile units, temporary food facilities, liquor stores, taverns, churches, caterers, hospitals, food warehouses, food processing plants and any other place that offers food or drink. Review of plans for new or remodeled food service facilities as well as the purchase of related equipment. Change of ownership inspections are also required.
- Inspection involving the sale and distribution of reptiles.
- Sanitary surveys of adoption, daycare, assisted living and foster care homes/facilities.
- Investigation of exposure reports of mammals (fur-bearing, warm-blooded animals) in an effort to prevent the spread of rabies.
- Investigation of complaints involving tattoo, skin penetration and body adornment procedures.
We strive to provide the best service to our clients and citizens.
For concerns regarding environmental (septic system/drinking water/open burning/nuisances)health department services, please contact the Jacqueline Hampton at 301-609-6750 or at jacqueline.hampton@maryland.
For concerns regarding MDH regulatory services(food/pools/rabies/
If you have further questions or concerns and need to speak to the divisional director, please call 301-609-6758 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information and/or Applications on the following topics:
- Bay Restoration Fund Checklist and Application FY 20
- Exotic Birds
- Ground Percolation/Septic
- Lyme Disease
- Open Fires
- Outdoor Music Festivals
- Sanitary Survey (for adoption homes, foster homes and alternative living units)
- Skin Penetrating Body Adornment (tattoos, piercing, etc.)
- Swimming Pools/Spas
- Well Head Protection
- West Nile Virus