COVID-19 Call Center: Mon - Fri 8 AM-5PM Call (301)609-6717 or 6777
Safe Ways to Celebrate the Holidays
Lead Poisoning Prevention Week
Lead Poisoning Prevention Week is October 24-30. Click the link below for resources on how to detect and prevent lead poisoning.
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
All vaccine clinics will carry both flu and COVID vaccine. However, you must register for each one separately. Use the buttons below to register. If you have trouble registering, you are able to do so when you arrive.
Flu Shot Clinics
COVID-19 Vaccine Registration:
Please visit our COVID website at www.CharlesCountyCOVID.org for vaccine clinic dates, registration, and information.
Click the button below for COVID-19 testing locations and information.
Testing Sites in Charles County
Testing will be EVERY Friday at New Life Church beginning April 9, 2021 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and EVERY Tuesday at the Waldorf Jaycees from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. No appointment needed.
All testing sites below offer testing by appointment only.
- CVS 3061 Technology Pl, Waldorf MD 20601 https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing
- CVS 3855 Leonardtown Rd, Waldorf MD 20601 https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing
- CVS 4200 Altamont Pl, White Plains MD 20695 https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing
- CVS 11906 Livingston Rd, Fort Washington MD 20744 https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing
- MedStar Waldorf Urgent Care 3064 Waldorf Market Pl., Waldorf, MD 20603 301-932-5960
- MedStar Charlotte Hall Urgent Care 37767 Market Dr., Charlotte Hall, MD 20622 301-290-1499
- MedStar Health (Brandywine Tent) 13950 Brandywine Rd., Leonardtown Md 20613 Leonardtown https://www.medstarhealth.org/MedStar-Health-eVisit/
- Patient First - Waldorf 2855 Crain Hwy., Waldorf, MD 20601 240-427-1926
- Righttime Medical Care 3350 Crain Highway, Waldorf MD 20603 https://www.myrighttime.com/online-appointments
- Righttime Medical Care 500 Charles St, La Plata MD 20646 https://www.myrighttime.com/online-appointments
Coronavirus Rumor Control
Do your part to the stop the spread of rumors by doing three easy things:
- Find trusted sources of information.
- Share information from trusted sources.
- Discourage others from sharing information from unverified sources.
To find trusted sources, look for information from official public health and safety authorities. You can find many official sources at coronavirus.gov. Check your state and local government or emergency management websites and social media accounts for trusted information specific to your area.
On social media, be sure to check for a blue verified badge next to the account name. This tells you it's an official account.
Get the latest public health information on coronavirus at www.coronavirus.gov.
Contact the Federal Trade Commission to file a consumer complaint about scams.
Watch how Mike joined the CDC-led National Diabetes Prevention Program and found support to make healthy lifestyle changes and reverse his diagnosis of prediabetes.
1 in 3 adults has prediabetes. See if you are at risk by taking the prediabetes risk test.
Talk to your HealthCare Provider
Did your risk test show that you could have prediabetes? Talk to your healthcare provider about your results. He or she may want to have you come in for a visit.
Contact the Charles County Department of Health
E-cigarettes are sometimes called “e-cigs,” “vapes,” “e-hookahs,” “vape pens,” and “electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS).” Some e-cigarettes look like regular cigarettes, cigars, or pipes. Some look like USB flash drives, pens, and other everyday items.
Visit the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence to valuable resources on alcoholism and addiction.
Take the Alcohol Test-Are you wondering if you have an alcohol problem?
Take the Drug Test-Are you wondering if you have a drug problem?
- Closing COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics at Regency Stadium
- Charles County Department of Health Resumes COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics at Regency Furniture Stadium
- COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments For The General Public
- Oakwood Water Boil Advisory: Lifted
- J&J Vaccine Pause
- COVID-19 Press Release
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID19)
- Food Recalls