Know the hot spots.
There are several popular vacation areas that are currently considered “hot spots” throughout the United States. However, any travel or visitation from friends and family may expose individuals to COVID-19. It is recommended to protect your health by following precautions to minimize exposure to COVID 19 while vacationing:
- Research your vacation location to determine the current COVID-19 case count
- Ensure your hotel or lodging accommodations have adequate cleaning and disinfection protocols
- Practice social distancing
- Use facial coverings while in public
- Avoid enclosed, crowded places
- If you are staying at a hotel, wear a mask indoors and outdoors where it may be difficult to maintain 6 feet of distance including in the elevator, in the hallway corridors, and along pathways.
- Follow CDC recommendations to minimize exposure during air, international, and cruise ship travel
Considerations for Travelers – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-in-the-us.html
CDC COVID Tracker- https://www.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases